Written and designed by Karine St-Denis, philosophy teacher at Collège Lionel-Groulx, the site Éthique professionnelle en sécurité incendie is designed to promote the integration of knowledge and skills in professional ethics adapted to fire safety, particularly during interventions in complex or unpredictable situations. It is intended primarily for students in the Fire Safety program. All fire safety or civil security professionals will also find tools to improve their knowledge and skills in professional ethics.
Since professional ethics is first and foremost a skill that must be put into practice, the pedagogical approach used in this resource focuses on case studies. The site provides the following:
- Definitions of basic concepts
- Thought-provoking questions and quizzes
- A dilemma resolution model
- Evaluation grids to assess values, duties and consequences
- Analyses of dilemmas in the form of online quizzes, with validation of analyses
We would like to congratulate Ms. St-Denis, Luz Maria Jimenez, project manager at the CCDMD, and the entire production team for the development of this resource.